An elderly woman in Zurich mistook a fire on her television for the real thing and called the fire department to save her. The firemen found her TV tuned to a German station that airs the constant image of a fireplace in the early morning. "The fire was extinguished with the press of a button," police said in a statement. I wonder who she would have called if she had accidentally tuned into a Godzilla marathon.
DEAL: For $25 - Add A Second Phone Number To Your Smartphone for life! Use promo code SLASHDOT25. Also, Slashdot's Facebook page has a chat bot now. Message it for stories and more. Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 Internet speed test! ×