Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Idle

Student Killed By Exploding Gum 10

Posted by samzenpus
from the last-chew dept.
A 25-year-old Ukrainian student, who had a habit of dipping his chewing gum in citric acid, died when the gum he was chewing exploded. An examination of the gum showed that it was covered in an explosive substance. Officers found citric acid packets and a substance which looked similar, believed to be some kind of explosive material, on a table near the young man. It is suspected that the student forgot which packet was which.

*

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Student Killed By Exploding Gum

Comments Filter:
  • Darwin award!!!
    • by RockDoctor (15477)

      Darwin award!!!

      If and only if ... he'd not already polluted the gene pool with his mess.

      Allegedly one of the former analysts at my father's employer had been in the habit of keeping a beaker of water on the bench for a drink while he was doing an analysis. (This was back in the days of real wet chemical analysis, not automated analytical machines.) One day, doing analysis that involved potassium cyanide solution ... he took a drink from the wrong beaker. Dead in minutes, despite prompt first aid, properly p

      • I would say it is a Darwin award even if he already has kids. This prevents him from further polluting the gene pool.

        • by RockDoctor (15477)

          I would say it is a Darwin award even if he already has kids. This prevents him from further polluting the gene pool.

          Once the gene pool is polluted, the only way it is going to be cleansed is by killing (without issue) all descendants of the offending genome. This is eminently do-able - war is a popular way of achieving this - but it would fall foul of most populist systems of ethics. It would be morally equivalent to punishing the children for the sins of the parents, something rightly disavowed by all civ

  • WHY would someone soak their gum in citric acid?

"When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest." -- Bullwinkle Moose

Working...